Pages

July 1, 2008

For the Love of Pete....

For the record- I hate pumping! While I've enjoyed every second of nursing, pumping SUCKS, lugging around the pump, cleaning everything, packing ice packs, storing and freezing the milk- all of it SUCKS. Taking the time out to do it everyday, kicking my male office mate out etc... And I cant even tell you how many parking lots I've invaded and busted out the cigarette lighter adapter to pump. If the innocent bystanders in the parking lot only knew...I'm certain they would be mortified. And dont even get me started on the nursing bras that make me feel like an 80 year old lady. I've committed myself to 1 year with each of my children and I plan to stand by that, but wow.... am I tired. OK, I'm done.

P.S. And don't think I wont remind my children of my enduring commitment and dedication to keeping their little bellies full. Who am I kidding, they'll be no gratitude, only disgust that they sucked on my breast :)

4 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

You are a much stronger woman than me! I only lasted two months with each girl and give it up! haha I have totally enjoyed the blogs and have just not let you know sooner! Keep it up---we are reading Hope to see everyone at the reunion in October Lots of little ones growing up to soon!
Love to you all
Aunt Barb in KC

Kandi said...

You are cracking me up!! And oh how I feel your pain....I too know the horror of pumping in a parking lot...Walmart of all places and I GOT CAUGHT by a 16yr old kid picking up carts....I think I scared him forever!! Youre a great mama :)

Jeanette said...

I miss you so much and this blog only makes me miss you and your hilarity more, I pumped in the parking lot of my college graduation party at On the Border :)

Jerree said...

Oh, the pain of pumping. I didn't breatfeed after Olivia came home because she would never latch on...I think her mouth was just too tiny but anyways...try only being able to pump!!! no other option, for over 12 weeks ( I did continue for a while after I brought her home)...and I mean everytime!!! there was no just whenever the baby wasn't around. morning, noon and night and all the hours in between.....pump, pump, pump!!!! So please believe me when I say I know your pain!!!!


Wagon Ride September 2008