Pages

December 31, 2008

New Years Rockin Eve

Yes, I have many pictures from Christmas and will try to post them tomorrow. It's New Year's Eve and we are rocking it out here at the Smith house... The girls are all in bed, Kenny is asleep and I'm trying like crazy to stay awake until 10:00 to watch the weather.

Today was my first day without a Diet Coke. It was hard. I swear there was a magnetic force pulling my car towards the Sonic drive in, but I was strong and resisted. No, it's not a new years resolution. I don't believe in them. I think if you want to do something, set a goal and make it happen regardless of the day of the year. I just though it would be good to kick the aspartame, caffeine addiction I have.

So we'll see how long I can stay on the wagon. Caffeine has been my saving grace in the sleep deprived, foggy world I've been living in for the last year since Chloe bug arrived:)

Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed 2009!

4 comments:

EVA MAHONEY said...

Hi Tamatha...
Happy New Year! I have tried like crazy to give up diet Coke. I can't do it. I gave up cigarettes seven years ago and haven't looked back but my coke..aw...that's another story. A good motivator, one would think, is that Diet Coke has phosphoric acid that depletes your body of calcium so it feeds into bone loss. I hate that this doesn't motivate me more. I hope you can stick to it. Be sure to tell me if you feel better in a few weeks. I'd be real interested in knowing.
Eva

Jeanette said...

Good luck!

MICKEY said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the comment! I too love diet soda (sprite, squirt, coke, etc.) Good luck in your quest and keep us updated. I'm in the same boat.

Lan said...

Well, good luck with that aspartame junky. Ha! The name of the restaurant is Smokin' Joe's. Great place!


Wagon Ride September 2008