Pages

March 21, 2010

My Ma

Not sure how to even start this post, other than to say that my sweet, precious Ma passed away Saturday March 13th.  To say that I'm sad and devastated would be horribly understated.  I'm in shock, numb, anxious and everything in between. I've cried and screamed, wept and thought that my heart would surely physically break in two.

But what I really want to write about is Ma and everything that she was.  I'm fearful that I'll be unable to adequately describe how absolutely amazing she was.  She was the most wonderful, sweetest, funniest, random and amazing soul that I've ever known.  The majority of my childhood memories are wrapped up in her.  She shaped me, inspired me and most of all loved me in the way that only a "Ma" can.   She was strong and opinionated, creative and crazy, funny and loyal- everything good in this world, Ma was.  She was thoughtful and forgiving, one of those people that if you are so lucky to have known- your life is forever blessed and you are a better person for having known her.  She was nothing short of all things good in life.......absolutely beautiful inside and out. 

I know that she is with PaPa and rejoicing with Jesus, and for that I am ever so grateful and relieved that she is at peace. None the less, I'm human, I loved her heart and soul and truly cant imagine my life without her. 

I love you Ma, your beautiful red hair, your painted fingernails, your hats, your smile, your zaniness, your spirit, your spunk- everything that was you, I loved.  Thank you for being my Ma- my wonderful, absolutely amazing Ma.


1 comment:

EVA MAHONEY said...

Aw Tamatha...I am so very sorry for your loss. I know, so well, too well, how difficult this is. Please know you are in my thoughts.


Wagon Ride September 2008