Pages

June 14, 2008

Poopie


I had to put my cat Poopie of 17 years to sleep this weekend. He had renal failure and had become increasingly worse. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. For some insane reason I thought now that I have 3 kids that when the time did come that Poopie died, I would deal with it better.. I know... retarded.

When I got back home from the emergency vet clinic, the girls were in bed crying (with Kenny) and had a million questions. Kenny of course couldn't get out of bed fast enough (all that emotional stuff). Ellie's biggest concern was how did the angel get into the clinic to take Poopie to Heaven. Did he (the angel) use the front door like we do or did he come through the wall. Madelyn, my deep thinker wanted to know if Kenny and I were going to die before she and Ellie (BRUTAL!!). All the while I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. It sucked..

I had Poopie since his birth, and before that had I had his mother. I always get asked why I named him Poopie. He was just such a mush... followed me around room to room since he could walk, and didnt care if you were hanging him upside down, as long as you were touching him. He was the most loving cat... and I will miss him terribly.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I will miss Poopie too! After all, I did travel in a car with him from Oklahoma to California. And he also lived with me for a few months. What sisters will do for each other! :)


Wagon Ride September 2008